A Geek Girl’s Guide to Arsenic
by Julie Anne Lindsey
The one and only Mia Conners dropped by to empower us to embrace our inner Geek.
New Movement for Dork Empowerment
Guest Post by Mia Connors, heroine of the Geek Girl Mysteries series
Hello! My name is Mia Connors. By day, I’m the IT Manager at Horseshoe Falls, an elite gated community, and by night I’m the CIO and face of my grandmother’s holistic beauty company, Guinevere’s Golden Beauty. I’m starting a new movement for dork empowerment called Geek is the New Chic, and I’d like your signature on the petition below.
Not quite ready to sign? Well, maybe I can convince you. I’ve added just a few reasons the slightly awkward, overly-excitable fangirls of the world should take over this flying coconut below.
- Geek girls aren’t afraid to be themselves. We wear tube socks with shorts. Support our favorite fandom publicly. And we’re bringing vintage back! Huzzah!
- WE ARE SO EXCITED. Geek girls are happy and we know it. Clap your hands! We love life and unicorns and puppies and movie trailers. We love it all. Get on board and smile!
- We’re smart. We don’t want to “marry to nerd” because he’ll be rich one day. We are the nerd! We study the things we love to death. We are the experts on a thousand topics. We’re scientists and artists and business women and athletes. We’re whatever we want to be, and while boys are also quite nice, we don’t need them to define us. We are already defined. You can check with Webster. We’re basically awesome.
- Cosplay! It’s dress up time all the time when you’re a geek girl. Sure, we like who we are, but we also like our favorite characters. A lot. Sometimes, we dress as them and hang out. At home. Ren Faires. Comic cons. A night on the town. We know how to have fun and we’re not afraid to do it as Superman, Dr. Who, Rey, or whoever the heck we want to do it as.
- We support one another, our families, friends, strangers, everyone. Geek girls know the world needs love and we’re ready with a smile, hug or word of encouragement if ever you need one. Look no further. We’ve got you.
So, what do you think? Are you ready to sign?
Support Dork Empowerment. Comment below, and let your geek flag fly!
Geek Girl’s Guide Synopsis
It’s been three months since Jake Archer rolled into town, accused Mia Connors of murder and stole her heart. She hasn’t heard from him since. So when a man collapses at the fall Renaissance Faire, she’s surprised to see the US marshal arrive on scene. And shocked when he points the finger at her—again. Mia would sooner be able to resurrect the poor fellow than poison him.
Jake Archer’s career has been rising fast, but it’s about to come to a crashing halt. The Ren-Faire victim was in protective custody—Jake’s custody—and they were painfully close to nabbing a major crime boss. If Jake doesn’t solve the murder soon, he’ll be fetching donuts instead of protecting his nation. A difficult enough task without the alluring Mia Connors in the way.
Working with Jake to catch the killer might push Mia into crazy-cat-lady territory. But with a murderer on the loose—and Mia’s reputation on the line—they’ll have to work fast to find the killer before the killer finds them.
Julie Anne Lindsey is a multi-genre author who writes the stories that keep her up at night. She’s a self-proclaimed nerd with a penchant for words and proclivity for fun. Julie lives in rural Ohio with her husband and three small children. Today, she hopes to make someone smile. One day she plans to change the world. Julie is a member of the International Thriller Writers (ITW) and Sisters in Crime (SinC). She is represented by Jill Marsal of Marsal Lyons Literary Agency.
Julie also writes as Julie Chase. Learn more about Julie Chase books here.